The two primary desktop applications for ArcGIS users are ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, which include the following list of extensions below. Esri ArcGIS also has many different and popular web-based applications available to Tufts University students, faculty and staff through our Tufts ArcGIS Online Organization Account for your mapping, spatial analysis and storytelling needs.
- 3D Analyst
- ArcPad Data Manager
- Data Interoperability
- Data Reviewer
- Geostatistical Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Spatial Analyst
- Spatial Statistics
- Tracking Analyst
Tufts Technology Services holds a university-wide site license for ArcGIS. All university students, faculty, and staff can install and license both ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) on any Tufts-owned or personal Windows computer. The software may only be used for educational, research, and academic purposes, and is not intended for commercial use or resale.
- Students, faculty, and staff can use ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) in most Tufts Windows computer labs.
- Both ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) are available for use on VDI - Engineering Lab. Below are instructions on how to connect to VDI. Note that ArcGIS products are not available on the TTS Virtual Lab (VDI).
- Students, faculty, and staff can install and license both ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap) on any Tufts-owned or personal Windows computer. Follow the self-service instructions below and contact the DataLab-Support@elist.tufts.edu for assistance if needed.
- ArcGIS Pro: https://tufts.app.box.com/v/ArcGIS-Pro-CurrentVersion
- ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap): https://tufts.app.box.com/v/ArcMap-CurrentVersion
- All Tufts affiliates can access ArcGIS Online and other online ESRI products using their Tufts credentials. Access instructions and additional information: https://sites.tufts.edu/gis/arcgis-online/