The two primary desktop applications for ArcGIS users are ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, which include the following list of extensions below. Esri ArcGIS also has many different and popular web-based applications available to Tufts University students, faculty and staff through our Tufts ArcGIS Online Organization Account for your mapping, spatial analysis and storytelling needs.
- 3D Analyst
- ArcPad Data Manager
- Data Interoperability
- Data Reviewer
- Geostatistical Analyst
- Network Analyst
- Spatial Analyst
- Spatial Statistics
- Tracking Analyst
Tufts Technology Services holds a university-wide site license for ArcGIS. ArcGIS Desktop can be installed on any Tufts-owned or faculty personal computer. Additionally, we provide a 1-year free student version via a digital download key for ArcGIS Desktop. The software may only be used for educational, research, and academic purposes, and not for commercial use or resale. The software only runs on a Windows OS.
- Students, faculty, and staff can use ArcGIS Desktop in most Tufts Windows computer labs.
- Students, faculty, and staff can use ArcGIS Desktop on their personal computer via TTS Remote Labs and the TTS Virtual Lab. To use ArcGIS Desktop on the Remote Labs, please contact DataLabemail@example.com.
- Students, faculty and staff can get ArcGIS Desktop installed on their Tufts owned computer. Please email DataLab-Support@elist.tufts.edu for access to the Single Use or Concurrent License. Research Technology will create a ticket for TTS on behalf of the client with instructions and information regarding which license to use when installing.
- Students can receive a 1-year version of ArcGIS Desktop for their personal computer. To request a digital download key, please email DataLab-Support@elist.tufts.edu.
- Click to view instructions on how to log into ArcGIS Online or other ESRI web-based products via the Tufts Organization Account