Available Benefits for Postdoctoral & Prep Scholars
Tufts offers the following benefits to Postdoctoral and Prep Scholars who work half-time (regularly scheduled at 17.5 hours per week) or greater. NOTE: Additional eligibility requirements apply to some of these benefits.
You have 30 days from your first date of employment to enroll in these core benefits. After that, you can only enroll in or change these benefits during Open Enrollment or within 31 days of a qualifying life event.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Plan (BCBS) – Includes Fitness and Weight Watchers Reimbursements
- Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan Insurance - Includes in and out-of-network coverage for preventive care and other basic and major restorative services.
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Only Postdocs with at least a twelve-month appointment who have a social security number and pay FICA taxes are eligible.
These benefits can be selected or changed at any time during the year.
- Care.com Child and Elder Care
- Commuter Benefits - Only Postdocs with a Social Security Number are eligible.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Home and Auto Insurance (MetLife) – Only Postdocs with a Social Security Number are eligible.
- Pet Insurance
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Self-funded Retirement Savings Plan – 403(b) – Only Postdocs who have a social security number or an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) and pay FICA taxes.
- Jumbo Health Center and Health Coaching