Benefits FAQs 2019
How do I enroll in or change my benefits?
To change your benefits, log on to eServe, Tufts’ online portal for personalized payroll and benefits information. For your security, you must be enrolled in two-factor authentication to log onto eServe. Enrolling is simple and should take less than 5 minutes.
How can I find my username and password for eServe?
Use the same username and password that you use to log in to your Tufts email account. If you forgot them or need to reset your password, contact Tufts Technology Services at 617-627-3376 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I enroll on my personal computer at home?
Yes. You can enroll in benefits from any computer with internet access.
What if I don’t have access to a computer?
First, check to see if your department has a computer you can use. Then review your options on the Benefits site and review and/or change your benefits on eServe. You can also use a public computer at one of the Tufts libraries. If you need help, contact Tufts Support Services at 617-627-7000 or by email at email@example.com.
Can I change my benefits at any time?
It depends. You can only enroll in or change your core benefits within 31 days of your first day of employment. After that, you can only enroll in or change your core benefits during Open Enrollment or within 31 days of a qualifying life event. Core benefits include:
- Health Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Fitness and Weight Watchers Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care or Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance (including Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance)
- Long-Term Disability
- Legal Services
Do I have access to other benefits?
You can use, change, or discontinue the following benefits any time throughout the year:
- Bright Horizons Child Care
- Care.com Child and Elder Care
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Best Doctors Care Management*
- Fitness and Weight Watchers Reimbursement*
- MetLife Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Wellness Center and Health Coaching
*Must be enrolled in a university-sponsored Tufts Health Plan
Who should I contact if I have questions about my benefits?
Who is eligible for benefits through Tufts University?
The following categories qualify you as benefits eligible:
- Staff: Regularly scheduled to work at least 17.5 hours a week for a minimum 90-day period
- Faculty: Half-time or more with an appointment of at least two semesters
- Eligible dependents: Legal spouses, domestic partners, dependent children up to age 26
For more information, visit Benefits Eligibility.
How can I find out which doctors and hospitals participate in my health plan?
You can look up participating health care providers in the Tufts Health Plan provider directory.
How can I find out which dentists participate in my dental plan?
Delta Dental provides a tool to look up dental providers in your area. Select Delta Dental Premier as your coverage type.