On-call Student Recycling Workers Program
Want to money on-campus but don't want to commit to weekly hours? Love sustainability and want to help? Become an on-call worker!
Throughout the year, the Office of Sustainability (OOS) is involved in a variety of recycling events and initiatives where we need additional assistance to make the event a success, which is how the on-call worker program came to be.
How it works
- Sign-up for our email list
- When the OOS has work that needs to be done, you will receive an email.
- If you are available to help, you respond to the email and coordinate completing the work with the OOS
- Earn prizes! As you work more hours, and complete jobs well, you will be eligible to earn free OOS swag!
- Move-In Recycling Worker: These workers help to manage the waste during student move-in. They may monitor dumpsters, circulate the residence halls to educate students about how to sort and dispose of their waste, help with breaking down cardboard boxes, and collect plastic film.
- Move-Out Recycling Worker: These workers help to collect donations during student move-out. They help to set-up and run donation stations and transport and organize donations.
- Zero Waste Event Station Monitor: These workers monitor the waste stations at large campus events with food to make sure all food and food-related waste is sorted properly. They will monitor the compost bins and make sure any recyclables or trash items end up in the proper bags. Usually, a free meal is included!
- General on-call worker: If there is ever a task that the Office of Sustainability needs help with throughout the year, that does not include the above, these workers are willing to help. This may include putting signs up around campus, taking an inventory of waste stations around campus, or preparing the annual Back to School Sale.
If you are a staff and would like to recruit on-call workers for help with a project, email email@example.com and they will email the listserv on your behalf.