Community Parenting Resources and Parenting Groups
The following resources in nearby communities help provide support, resources, and programs for parents and children.
- Childcare Choices of Boston: Provides information on childcare, summer camps, before and after school programs and financial aid | 617-542-KIDS
- City of Somerville Public Schools Programs: Run after-school programs, vacation camps, and summer camps for Somerville residents. The Somerville Family Learning Collaborative also offers support and activities for Somerville families with young children.
- Citywide Parents Council: Advocacy group for parents with children in the Boston Public Schools, including representatives elected from individual school parent councils | 617-635-9210
- Federation for Children with Special Needs: Provides advocacy, information and training | 617-236-7210
- Massachusetts Early Education and After School Programs-Allows you to search for Early Education and Care (EEC) licensed childcare providers in Massachusetts communities.
- Medford Family Network (MFN): Provides support and activities for Medford families with young children, including programs for toddlers.
- Medford Public Schools Early Childhood/After-School Office: Provides a number of resources for parents with young children, including a list of Medford-area licensed family daycare providers.
- Worcester Community Connections: A parent-led coalition that works to improve access to local services for Worcester families involved in a multitude of family support activities.
Parenting groups offer support and camaraderie. We have put together a list of local groups in the Medford/Somerville/Boston areas. If you don’t see one in your neighborhood, search Yahoo groups or Meetup groups near you. Please note that groups may disband or change over time.
- Arlington Parents and Pregnancy Meetup
- Camberville Parents
- Cambridge Families Group
- Cambridgeport Parents
- East Cambridge Families Group
- East Village Family Association (East Boston)
- GardenMoms (for the Boston area)
- Gay Fathers of Greater Boston
- Huron Village Parents
- Massachusetts Mothers of Twins Association
- Northborough Moms and Tots
- Somerville Moms