Correcting Out-of-Pocket Expenses Mistakenly Paid by the University in e-Expense
Audience: Travelers or administrators preparing travel reports
An expense was put through on an approved expense report as an out of pocket expense but was in fact paid for by the university corporate card. How can that be rectified?
If the Corporate Card transaction has NOT been processed you need to mark the transaction as "personal" on your expense report. See Personal Purchases Erroneously Made on the Travel Card for instructions.
If the Travel Card transaction has been processed, you must enter an expense for the amount owed (should be a negative number -$0.00) to the university expense on your next expense report.
Confirm what you are owed or what you owe Tufts University
To know what you are owed or what you owe Tufts, review your report before submitting.
- Click the “Print Report” button.
- If in the “Total Due Traveler” field at the end of the Print Report has a negative number, this value represents money owned to Tufts.
What to do when you owe Tufts?
If you owe money on an expense report, a credit voucher will be created within TSS Accounts Payable. To pay Tufts back, you have two options:
- If you expect to receive another reimbursement (sufficient to cover the amount) within 60 days you can leave the credit as is and the amount owed will be deducted from the next reimbursement.
- If you will not be getting a reimbursement or wish to pay Tufts back now, send a check to Tufts Support Services/Attn: Travel/80 George St/Medford. TSS will deposit the money into the DeptID and remove the credit from the system. Please make checks payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” and reference the report number.
- Make sure what you owe Tufts takes into account any other payments Tufts may be making to you such as another reimbursement (cell phone for example).