Dental Plan 2019
Tufts University offers the Delta Dental Premier Plan, a comprehensive dental plan for you and your family.
Go to eServe to review, enroll in, or make changes to your Delta Dental benefit within 31 days of becoming eligible, a qualifying life event, or during Open Enrollment.
Dental Benefit Overview
View the Delta Dental Plan Summary (PDF) for coverage details or contact Delta Dental at 800-872-0500.
The chart below provides an overview of your dental benefits and comparison of services you can receive at either a private dentist or the School of Dental Medicine Clinic. All claims are subject to the provisions of the Subscriber Certificate (PDF).
|Services||Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Clinics*||Private practice Delta Dental Premier PPO Network Dentist|
|Type I Services: Preventive Care||100% Up to 3 cleanings per calendar year||100% One cleaning every 6 months Up to 2 cleanings per calendar year|
|Type II Services: Basic Restorative||90%||80%|
|Type III Services: Major Restorative||80%||60%|
|Annual Deductible||Applies to Type III Services Only:
|Applies to Type II and Typed III Services Only:
|Calendar Year Maximum||$1,500 per person||$1,500 per person|
|Orthodontics||Covered a 50%; Separate lifetime maximum of $1,000||Covered a 50%; Separate lifetime maximum of $1,000|
|You may accumulate part of your unused dental benefit dollars from a healthy year and use them for larger, more expensive procedures in the future.||You may accumulate part of your unused dental benefit dollars from a healthy year and use them for larger, more expensive procedures in the future.|
*The School of Dental Medicine clinics are teaching facilities with dentists-in-training who work with experienced dentists in the Delta Dental provider network. The clinic is located at One Kneeland Street in Boston. The discount may be applied at any clinic at the dental school, including the predoctoral, postgraduate, faculty practice and hygiene clinics. Enhanced benefits do not apply to the Dental School's Faculty Practice or Hygiene Clinic.
Questions: call (617) 636-6828.
For More Information
Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Clinics: 617-636-6828
Additional Employee Discounts at the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Clinics
- 20% discount off the cost of services provided at a Tufts University School of Dental Medicine Clinic for benefits-eligible faculty and staff. This discount is taken off the patient balance after insurance benefits have been applied. You do not have to be enrolled in the Delta Dental Plan to qualify. This discount does not apply to spouses, domestic partners or dependents who are not Tufts University employees. The discount applies to any clinic at the dental school, including predoctoral and postgraduate clinics. This discount does not apply to Faculty Practice or the Hygiene Clinics.
- 20% discount off the cost of orthodontics services for dependent children (up to age 26) of benefits-eligible faculty and staff in the School of Dental Medicine Orthodontics Clinic. The discount is taken off the patient balance after insurance benefits have been applied. You do not have to be enrolled in the Delta Dental Plan to qualify.
Dental Information and Resources
- Dental Risk-Assessment Tool
- Online Oral Health Library
- Opioid Prescription Safety Tips (PDF)
- Opioid Fact Sheet (PDF)