Make copies of IDs and credit cards
- Be sure to make copies of your driver’s license, credit cards, and other important cards and documents. Leave a set of copies at home with a family member or trusted friend.
Check for benefits and discounts
- Credit card benefits: Check what benefits your credit card offers; sometimes, rental car or travel insurance are included in your card agreement.
- AAA benefits: If you’re a AAA member, check the availability of roadside assistance and discounts on hotels, attractions, museums, and more.
Hold or forward your mail
- If you’re planning a longer trip, have your mail held or forwarded by the post office. Requests should be submitted at least 7 days prior to your departure date.
Technology on the go
- Need a laptop while traveling? TTS offers loaner laptops for faculty, staff, postdocs, and graduate students traveling for Tufts University programs or business. Request a loaner laptop at least 5 business days before traveling. Complete the request form or email TTS at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.