Email for Staff & Faculty
Tufts provides current faculty and staff with email and calendaring via Microsoft Office 365. All faculty and staff are provisioned with an Office 365 account when their Tufts Username is created.
- Microsoft Office 365 provides faculty and staff with email and calendar access via Office Online.
- You can also access your email and calendar via mobile devices or desktop email apps for Mac and Windows.
- Office 365 includes access to a full version of Microsoft Office that can be installed on up to five computers and five mobile devices.
Log in with your Tufts credentials at login.microsoftonline.com.
- Tufts-provisioned desktops and laptops: In most cases, faculty and staff will already have Outlook installed on any Tufts-provisioned computer. If Outlook has not been installed on your Tufts-provisioned device, contact the TTS Service Desk for installation assistance. The TTS Service Desk can be reached at 617-627-3376 or via email at email@example.com.
- Non-Tufts-provisioned desktops or laptops: Visit login.microsoftonline.com to download Outlook on to a non-Tufts desktop or laptop computer. (Important: At the Microsoft login page, enter only your Tufts email address and click Sign In. You will be redirected to a Tufts login page.)
To send sensitive or private data to people outside of Tufts (i.e. addresses other than @tufts.edu), simply add the word “secure” in square brackets – [secure] – to the subject line of any email you send from your @tufts.edu address. The recipient of your email will receive a link directing them to a secure Tufts website where they can read and reply to your email.
While secure email provides extra protection when sending messages to non-Tufts addresses, it does not eliminate risk and does not prevent recipients from forwarding your email. You should ensure that you are in compliance with applicable laws and Tufts policies when communicating sensitive data.
Please note that email sent within the Tufts network is always encrypted and you do not need to take any additional steps to secure your messages.
Learn more about secure email