Tufts Tailgating Policy
In preparation for our Homecoming football game this Saturday evening, October 8th at 6:30pm, we respectfully ask you to adhere to the following guidelines for tailgating:
- Tailgating may begin 3 hours prior to kick-off and must end one hour after the conclusion of the game. On October 8th, tailgating may begin at 3:30pm.
- Tufts Football parents/Oval Club members may tailgate in the Cohen Parking Lot (corner of College Avenue/Lower Campus Road) and along Talbot Avenue (at the College Avenue intersection).
- Jackson Gym Parking Lot (Lower Campus Road) is designated as the Bowdoin tailgate area.
- Parking along the sides of Lower Campus Road is prohibited.
- Overflow parking is available in the Dowling Parking Garage and Cousens Parking Lot.
- Please utilize one parking spot per vehicle. Tents or canopies may be set up on grass areas, but may not block parking spaces or traffic flow in parking lots.
- Tailgating may not block any entry/exit points within the parking lots.
- Charcoal grills are prohibited on campus.
- Glass bottles and alcohol are prohibited inside Ellis Oval.
- Please remove all trash following the game/tailgate.
- Tufts operations staff have the final approval on tailgating arrangements on gameday.
Thank you for your cooperation and helping us to ensure a great Tufts football gameday experience!
Department Sponsored Guest and Visitor Parking
For events on the Medford/Somerville campus, Departments may request an event link/QR code for their special event. Departments may request parking assistance through their event coordinator in Conference and Event Services or Event Management and Support (the former Facilities Event Services). Departments may also reach out directly to the Tufts Transportation team to receive an event parking link and QR code. Whether provided by our Event teams or Tufts Parking directly, simply provide the link and/or QR code to event attendees to register for their permit.
Requests should be made at least three business days in advance.