Fall for Health – Take Your First Step TODAY with Open Enrollment 2020
Every Fall, Tufts University provides the opportunity for employees to revisit their benefit choices. This year, Open Enrollment will run from November 4 to November 18, 2019.
This year there are a number of new resources to help YOU make the best choices to support your overall well-being – physically, emotionally, financially, and spiritually.
Jumbo + ME 2020 Benefits
Tufts is combining the dynamic spirit of Jumbo to our benefits programs representing the shared commitment Tufts has for your well-being, your career, and your future. Take a minute to:
- LEARN about your options
- Take CARE of your health
- Become a SMART consumer of healthcare
- Make CHOICES that benefit you and your family
What’s Changed for 2020
Although healthcare costs continue to rise nationwide – on average 6.5% - Tufts continues to work to keep these challenging healthcare costs low.
- The university will continue to offer the current three (3) health plan options (with no changes in coverage).
- Your cost for healthcare coverage will increase by 3% in 2020 (well below the nationwide average of 6.5%).
- Our dental, vision, life insurance, and disability plans will see NO cost increase.
NEW Benefits for 2020 include:
- A fourth Tufts Health Plan option – The Saver Plan – which is a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) paired with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Meet ALEX – a new (optional) virtual interactive benefits tool that helps you learn about your benefits, so you can make the best choices for you and your family. Access ALEX from your smartphone, tablet, or computer starting on October 23, 2019.
Resources at Your Fingertips
In addition to ALEX, there are a number of resources/tools at your fingertips to better understand all the options available.
The Benefits pages in AccessTufts have been revamped to make it easy to navigate and find the key information you need to make the best choices for you.
- Core Benefits includes those benefits you can change/update during Open Enrollment, after a qualifying life event, or as a new hire.
- An Open Enrollment page for 2020 summarizes what you need to do during the Open Enrollment period of November 4 to 18 for benefits that are effective January 1, 2020.
- Benefits pages targeted for YOU – whether faculty and staff, postdoctoral scholars, international employees, or ACA (Affordable Care Act)-eligible employees – enabling you to find those benefits for which you are eligible.
- A NEW comprehensive guide to your 2020 Benefits with Tufts University (PDF) featuring details about each benefit, including costs and comparison charts.
The university is offering Benefits Fairs on the Medford/Somerville, Grafton, and Boston campuses to provide an opportunity for you to meet with and talk to our benefit partners.
- Medford/Somerville Benefits Fair | Tuesday, October 29 | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Sunny M. Breed Memorial Hall |51 Winthrop Street | Medford, MA
- Saver Health Plan /Health Savings Account information (drop-in) | Interfaith Center |58 Winthrop Street | Medford, MA
- Grafton Benefits Fair | Wednesday, October 30 | 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Jean Mayer Administration Building – Kohnstamm Conf Room (Room 106) | 201 Westboro Road | Grafton, MA
- Saver Health Plan /Health Savings Account information (drop-in) | Dean’s Conf Room (Room 101) | 201 Westboro Road | Grafton, MA
- Boston Benefits Fair | Thursday, October 31 | 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Tufts University Dental School Building – 15th Floor Hallway and Alumni Lounge (Room 1514) | One Kneeland Street | Boston, MA
- Saver Health Plan / Health Savings Account information (drop-in) | Dental Board Room (Room 1533) | One Kneeland Street | Boston, MA
Get Ready to Enroll!
- Step 1 – Attend a Benefits Fair, read the comprehensive guide, and ask questions.
- Step 2 – Review the Open Enrollment page and make use of ALEX, if you wish, to review your benefit options.
- Step 3 – Enroll via eServe in your 2020 benefit selections between November 4 and November 18.
It’s your story and these are your benefits; use the resources available to you at Tufts University to help you make the right decisions for you and your family! If you have questions about Open Enrollment please contact Tufts Support Services at TSS@tufts.edu or 617-627-7000.