Tufts Freecycle E-list
Tuft’s Freecycle elist was created to help divert good quality items from the landfill. Freecycling is the perfect solution to increase the number of items that are reused across campus.
The e-list provides a platform for exchanging items that individuals at Tufts no longer need but others might find use for and it is open to all members of the Tufts community. The e-list can be used for the exchange of work-related items or personal items – all for free.
Join the e-list
- Log in to Tufts e-list portal using your Tufts UTLN and password
- Search the e-list database for “Freecycle”
Once you have signed up you will receive messages about new items that are being freecycled and you can post your own items that you would like to freecycle.
Post to the E-list
To post to the list, please include all of the following information:
- Description of the item
- Location (your building and campus)
- Photo (if possible)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
What to Freecycle
Examples of items that might be exchanged include the following:
- AV equipment (not owned by TTS)
- Lab equipment (not owned by school)
- Office lamps
- Bookshelves and filing cabinets
- Computer chairs
- Appliances for kitchenettes/break rooms
- Personal copiers/printers
- Office workstations and desks
- Conference tables
- Area rugs
- Office supplies (e.g. printer cartridges, file folders)
- Children’s items and toys
- Personal electronics (e.g. printers, TVs)
- Home furniture
Are you a student? Want to free cycle through the Eco-Reps? Check out @tuftsjumbocycle on Instagram to freecycle your items.
Tufts Freecycle Instagram
Exchange your unwanted items with other Tufts students through @tuftsjumbocycle on Instagram. Created by the Eco-Reps in Spring 2021, this account provides a fast and easy way to part with unwanted items without having to throw them away in the trash.
To create a listing, simply direct message the account with a photo of the item(s) you’d like to part ways with, and they will post it on their page for you. To claim an item you are interested in, comment “CLAIM” (items are often claimed within seconds, so you may consider turning on notifications for the page). If your item is claimed, you can then arrange a pick-up time and location.
Note: Only available for Tufts students. Exchanges must be done inside of card-access campus spaces.
Community Freecycling Groups
We encourage students to set up their own freecycling programs amongst their friends and community. Here are some existing community Freecycle groups to take advantage of:
- Buy Nothing Somerville: Active freecycle group for the Somerville community
- Everything is Free Medford: Active freecycle group for the Medford community
- Everything is Free Somerville: Another active freecycle group for the Somerville community