Tufts University offers comprehensive benefits for eligible faculty, staff and their eligible dependents. Visit Benefits Eligibility for more information about who is eligible for benefits.
Enrolling in Benefits
If you are a new employee or got married, had a child or had another qualifying life event, you can enroll in or change your core benefits within 31 days.
Step 1: Review your benefits options
Review 2019 benefits options and costs for:
- Faculty and staff (benefits eligible)
- International employees
- Postdoctoral scholars
- ACA-eligible employees
Step 2: Make your benefits selections
Go to eServe, the employee self-service portal to make your benefit selections.
Changing Your Benefits
After 31 days, if you want to change or enroll in a core benefit, you will have to wait until the next Open Enrollment period, which typically takes place in October or November.
Core benefits include:
- Health Plans
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Fitness and Weight Watchers Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care or Dependent Care)
- Life Insurance (including Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance)
- Long-Term Disability
- Legal Services
Many other benefits are available that qualified Tufts employees can sign up for and use throughout the year:
- Bright Horizons Child Care
- Care.com Child and Elder Care
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- MetLife Home and Auto Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Wellness Center and Health Coaching