Go to eServe to review, enroll in, or make changes to your benefits within 31 days of becoming eligible, a qualifying life event, or during Open Enrollment.
Tufts University has outperformed national cost increase trends of 5-7% due to our success with Quality Tiered Networks, promotion of preventive care, and other strategies. As a result, we have been able to keep cost increases to a minimum.
- Quality Tiered Plan cost will increase 2.5%.
- Traditional Plan will increase 4.0%.
- Value Plan cost will not increase for two-person and family coverage. The employee rate is set to meet the Federal Safe Harbor definition for affordability.
- Quality Tiered and Value Health Plans: No copayment for high-cost imaging services (CAT, PET, MRI).
- Traditional Plan: $50 copayment for high-cost imaging services (CAT, PET, MRI).
- New telehealth services for Tufts Health Plan members for general medical and behavioral health consultations. Members will be able to access U.S. board-certified doctors or therapists through phone, web or video consultations for non-emergency medical conditions. There will be a $15 copayment for telehealth consultations.
- Dental plan cost will increase 3.5%.
- Frame allowance will increase to $150.
- New Freedom Pass discount allows members to choose any frame and pay $0 out of pocket at participating Sears Optical or Target Optical locations.
- Additional savings booster on contact lenses of $20 on top of the standard contact lens allowance, plus free shipping.
- There is a new $100 minimum annual enrollment contribution required to enroll in a Health Care FSA. You may carry over a minimum of $100 and a maximum of $500 of unused contributions into the next plan year. These funds must be used to pay for or reimburse eligible health care expenses.
- There is a new $100 minimum annual enrollment contribution required to enroll in a Dependent Care FSA.
- Tufts University has a new EAP provider, KGA
- KGA services will be available to employees and their adult household members beginning October 22, 2018.
- AllOne Health services will be phased out over the period of October through December and conclude on December 31, 2018.
- As of January 1, 2019, we are discontinuing services with Health Advocate due to low participation.
- Similar services are provided by Tufts Health Plan and KGA, our new Employee Assistance Program provider.