Tufts offers the following benefits to postdoctoral scholars who work at least 17.5 hours per week. Check your benefits eligibility.
Open Enrollment Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts - Postdocs with at least a twelve-month appointment are eligible to contribute to the Flexible Spending Accounts. Postdocs must also have a Social Security number and pay FICA taxes.
- Dental Insurance - Postdoctoral scholars can participate in the voluntary Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Plan, which includes in and out-of-network coverage for preventive care and other basic and major restorative services.
Other Benefit Options through Human Resources
Can be initiated at any time throughout the year.
- Commuter Benefits - You must have a Social Security Number to be eligible
- Group Home and Auto Insurance (MetLife) – You must have a Social Security Number to be eligible
- Pet Insurance
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Retirement Savings Plan – If you pay FICA tax, you may contribute to the Self-funded 403(b) Retirement Plan
Other Health Benefits through the Tufts Student Advisory & Health Administration Office
- Postdoctoral Scholars Health Insurance Plan – Includes limited vision coverage. Offered for postdoctoral scholars through the Tufts Student Advisory & Health Administration Office.
For More Information
Read more about your benefits in the Postdoc Handbook.
For questions regarding dental benefits, contact Delta Dental at 800-872-0500 or www.deltadentalma.com.
For questions about the Postdoctoral Scholars Health Insurance Plan, contact the Tufts Student Advisory & Health Administration Office at 617-636-2701.