If retirement is on your horizon, make sure your transition will be smooth as you prepare to leave Tufts. Below are steps you need to take, things you need to know about your benefits, and a few other things to consider.
Before You Go
- Download and review the printer-friendly Retiree Benefits Information Sheet.
- Determine Eligibility: you are eligible for the Tufts University Retiree Health Plan if you are age 60 or older with 5 years of eligible service, or if the sum of your age and eligible service equals 75. For questions, contact Tufts Support Services (TSS).
- Use this Pre-Retirement Checklist to make sure you wrap up all the necessary details
- Notify Tufts Support Services (TSS) at least three months before your expected retirement date
- Tell your supervisor your plans and send him or her a written resignation letter.
Retirement and Changes to Benefits
When you leave the university, your benefits will end or change. Learn about your options.
Retiree Health and Dental Plans
The university offers Retiree Health and Dental coverage for eligible employees and their dependents.
This resource will help you prepare for your retirement.
Staying in Touch
Make sure your permanent mailing address, email, and phone number are up to date on eServe so we can send your annual tax forms and other important information, including updates about Retiree Open Enrollment (if applicable).
You retired but are still a vital part of the Tufts community. We hope you visit this site often for resources to help you stay healthy, informed and connected to Tufts University.