Global Safety & Operations
Whatever the scope—education, research, employment, or outreach—Tufts Global Safety & Operations is here to help you navigate the rules and requirements necessary for your international project. You can always reach us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or via our intake form.
What is Global Safety & Operations?
We are a team of experts in tax, purchasing, legal, human resources, and compliance who provide guidance and reduce internal infrastructure barriers for Tufts faculty and staff undertaking research, projects, or programs abroad.
What services do we provide?
Here is a sample of some areas in which we provide support:
- In-country hiring, purchasing, and other operational requirements
- Cash management and banking in foreign countries
- Correct classification of project staff
- Paying employees, contractors, and volunteers abroad
- Purchasing or leasing equipment or office space abroad
- Legal, liability, and contracting issues for projects or programs abroad
- International tax considerations ranging from Social Security to sales tax
- Application of University policy regarding activities abroad
How does the Global Safety & Operations process work?
- Contact us via our online intake form. Once the intake form is received, you will be contacted within two business days to answer any follow-up questions. If you are unsure of the answers to the questions in the form, or would prefer to start with an initial conversation, please contact Elisabeth Keegan (email@example.com or call 617-627-3981).
- We will review your request and schedule an initial follow-up discussion
- We will direct your request to appropriate internal experts or outside counsel. This step often involves follow-up conversations with you via email. The consultation, advice and referrals are free. If the project requires or would benefit from additional services from outside counsel, a fee will be discussed and recommended to the project owner. You can expect to be fully involved at each stage of the process.
- We will respond with an initial assessment and will schedule follow-up steps as needed. The time it takes to complete your request will depend on the specific issues at hand. Some cases have been resolved in as little as 24 hours and have lasted up to several months in order to address larger policy issues or to change University infrastructure. You will receive an estimate of timing upon initial contact and regular updates regarding our progress and any changes to the timeline.
Hiring new employees outside of the United States is a complex process that presents unique challenges. Learn more about the process and contact us for assistance.
Access detailed information about booking travel, travel safety, and logistics, and international travel registration.
Provided by Finance