Health Plans 2019
Tufts University offers three options through Tufts Health Plan: Quality Tiered Plan, Traditional Plan and the Value Plan.
All three plans are Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans which do not require you to select a primary care physician or obtain referrals. All plans offer in-network and out-of-network coverage.
If your home address in eServe is outside of the Tufts Health Plan primary service area of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or New Hampshire, you are eligible to enroll in either the Traditional Plan or the Value Plan (not the Quality Tiered Plan). Please contact Tufts Health Plan for guidance in selecting a plan.
- Use the 2019 Health Plan Comparison Chart (PDF) and the 2019 Benefits Rates (PDF) to determine the best plan choice for you.
- Go to eServe to review, enroll in, or make changes to your benefits within 31 days of becoming eligible, a qualifying life event, or during Open Enrollment.
Quality Tiered Plan
At a glance ...
At a glance...
At a glance...
- All three plans offer the Maintenance Choice Pharmacy Program.
- For 2019 detailed Benefit Plan Documents, visit the Tufts Health Plan microsite for Tufts employees.
- New subscribers will receive an ID card for each member. When dependents are added to the plan, the new member receives an ID card. Contact Tufts Health Plan for additional ID cards.
- Members don't need a physical ID card to use benefits. Providers can confirm coverage by contacting THP Provider Services at 888-884-2404.
- If a subscriber and/or dependents move groups (Active to COBRA or Retiree group), new ID cards will be issued.
Get the Mobile App
Download the Tufts Health Plan Mobile App to access a virtual ID card, check claims and cost-sharing responsibility, offers a provider search tool, and view costs and benefits.
New in 2019
For non-emergency medical or behavioral health conditions, this is a convenient way to access quality care 24/7, any day of the year. You can talk with U.S. board-certified doctor or therapist by phone or video consult. If medically necessary, a health professional can send prescriptions to your local pharmacy.
This service is offered through a partnership with Teladoc. You will need to register ahead of time to use this service. Visit the site to learn more and register. Contact Teladoc at 1-800-Teladoc.
Members can now opt in to receive personalized messages, including reminders of upcoming appointments, where to go for flu shots, and discounts available through Tufts Health Plan. This service is offered by MyWire. You can access messages from any smartphone, tablet or computer, with no download required. Learn more.
Read important notices about your rights as a patient and other information related to your health plan coverage.
For More Information
If you have questions about your plan, visit the Tufts Health Plan microsite for Tufts employees or call Tufts Health Plan at 844-516-5790.