Job Posting and Interviews
- Hiring manager consults Student Employment Manual for info on policies, pay rates, and procedures
- Hiring manager posts job on Student Employment site (Handshake)
- Hiring manager handles interviews
Making an Offer
Once a candidate has been chosen, the hiring manager must complete the hire on the On-Campus Employer site and complete an ePAF in PeopleSoft (or have their department admin do so) 2 weeks before the candidate’s start date. This is the case for both Tufts and non-Tufts student employees.
The student will receive an email from TSS and they will be instructed to establish their Online Identity, W4, Direct Deposit, and the I-9. Completing the I-9 is a critical, required step in the onboarding, and we look forward to assisting you.
During the onboarding process, you will receive an email from I-9 Everywhere - a third-party remote I-9 Verification provider - through which you may complete your remote I-9 form:
- Complete Section 1 of your I-9 online at I-9Everywhere.com upon receiving your invitation. You may complete your I-9 before or on your first day of employment. You will select and upload documents that can prove your citizenship status. Please consult the Acceptable Documents list linked below. Upon completion of Section 1, you will be prompted to select someone from your personal network (a colleague, friend or family member) to review your original documents in-person with you. Be sure to notify the individual that you have selected them to avoid confusion. Note, you do not need to come to campus, unless you choose to have a colleague or friend complete Section 2 on campus.
- Complete Section 2 of your I-9 in-person with a member of your network. When you are together in-person, this individual can reference the link provided in their email/text message from I-9Everywhere, and will be prompted to review the original documents you provide and complete the process online.
That's it! Once the authorized representative has completed Section 2 of your I-9, the I-9 will be reviewed by an audit team at I-9 Everywhere for Compliance purposes.
- If I-9 Everywhere needs supplementary photos, updated documentation, etc., they will reach out directly.
- If one encounters any technical issues with I-9Everywhere, please contact them at 866-661-1500 or email@example.com
- An employee can change the authorized representative at any time, simply log into I-9Everywhere.com to do so, or contact TSS (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can make the change.
If the new hire would like a Tufts Support Services Representative to serve as the I-9 Representative: An appointment is needed. Click on the campus indicating the location for the I-9 Documents to be verified (this does not need to be the campus you are working on). There is no guarantee that walk-in appointments will be accommodated at this time, to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Medford/Somerville Office - 80 George Street, Medford, MA 02155