ID Issuance for Students, Employees, and Affiliates
New students, staff, faculty and affiliates receive their initial ID cards in different ways.
- First-year students receive their ID cards during orientation
- Transfer students receive their ID card from the administrative services office on their campus
- Employees must verify their I-9 form with HR first in order to receive an ID card.
- After verification, the card will be available within 24 to 48 hours
- Non-Tufts paid employees (e.g. contractors, visiting faculty/researchers)
- See Affiliate ID Authorization Process for more details
- Departments must submit the affiliate’s information to their eReg Administrator to enter his/her information in system
- Identification data will be automatically submitted to Public Safety within one hour of data entry
- Affiliates will be able to obtain an ID card and parking permit at that point
- Affiliates entered into eReg will remain active for one year. Affiliates remaining at Tufts for longer than 12 months will need to be renewed annually (eReg administrator will receive an expiration notice 30 days before expiration)
Preferred (Common) Names
- Students who have a preferred (common) name in SIS can obtain an ID card with the preferred name displayed.
- Preferred (Common) names containing non-alpha characters will not transfer to the ID card printer and will not appear on the ID card
- See the Preferred Name Policy
Lost your ID?
Go to Replacement IDs.