ID Issuance for Students, Employees, and Affiliates
New students, staff, faculty, and affiliates receive their initial Tufts IDs in different ways.
- First-year students receive their Tufts ID during orientation.
- Transfer students receive their Tufts ID from the administrative services office on their campus.
- Employees must verify their I-9 form with HR first in order to receive their Tufts ID.
- After verification, upload your photo.
- Schedule an appointment to pick up your Tufts ID
Picking up your Tufts ID:
Medford/Somerville campus: CLIC Building, Suite 101, 574 Boston Ave
Boston campus: TUPD Desk, 136 Harrison Ave
Grafton campus: University Police, Central Services Building
SMFA campus: Security Check-in Desk, 230 Fenway
- Non-Tufts paid employees (e.g. contractors, visiting faculty/researchers).
- See Affiliate ID Authorization Process for more details:
- Departments must submit the affiliate’s information to their eReg Administrator to enter his/her information in system.
- Identification data will be automatically submitted to Public Safety within one hour of data entry.
- A passport quality photo should be emailed to email@example.com
- Affiliates will be able to obtain a Tufts ID and parking permit at that point.
- Affiliates entered into eReg will remain active for one year. Affiliates remaining at Tufts for longer than 12 months will need to be renewed annually (eReg administrator will receive an expiration notice 30 days before expiration).
Picking up your Tufts ID: Schedule an appointment to pick up your Tufts ID Card
- Medford/Somerville campus: CLIC Building, Suite 101, 574 Boston Ave
- Boston campus: TUPD Desk, 136 Harrison Ave
- Grafton Campus- University Police, Central Services Building
- SMFA- Security Check-in Desk, 230 Fenway
Preferred (Common) Names
- Students who have a preferred (common) name in SIS can obtain a Tufts ID with the preferred name displayed once they have contacted their school registrar to update their preferred first name in the Tufts Directory.
- Preferred (Common) names containing non-alpha characters will not transfer to the Tufts ID printer and will not appear on the Tufts ID.
- See the Preferred Name Policy.
Lost your Tufts ID?
Go to Replacement IDs.