Ink and Toner Recycling
You can recycle ink and toner cartridges by using a collection box or mailing them directly back to the manufacturer.
Ink and Toner collection boxes are available at the following locations, most of which are managed by W.B. Mason. W.B. Mason will take back all used ink and toner cartridges, even those not purchased from them (such as Konica Minolta and Canon cartridges).
- 80 George St. by reception desk
- Tufts Administration Building, 169 Holland St. (Atrium)
- Science and Engineering Complex (Back of Anderson 103, the Building Administration Office)
- Office of Sustainability, Barnum Hall (2nd Floor)
- Mayer Campus Center (1st floor)
- 574 Boston Ave. (4th floor)
- 520 Boston Ave.
Boston Health Sciences Location
- Stearns Wing (Basement, outside of the shipping and receiving dock near elevators)
- Large Animal Hospital (Shipping and Receiving Room, Room 1003)
- Mission Hill Building (Computer Lab)
- Fenway Building (2nd Floor, B-side hallway between the Dean’s suite and the Mac-lab)
Mailing Directly to the Manufacturer
You may mail cartridges directly to the company with a return label printed from the company's website. Tufts has a contract with Canon, and all multi-function copiers are Canon. For Canon ink and toner, see the Canon Toner Cartridge Return Program.
UPS Drop Box Locations
- Packard Ave. (Across street from Olin Hall)
- 520 Boston Ave (Front entrance)
Boston Health Sciences
- Jaharis (Entrance)
- Stearns (Lobby)
- Biomedical Sciences (Lobby)
- Dental School (Back staircase)
- 230 The Fenway, A Building, (1st floor, across from student mail room)