The Joyce Cummings Center - Construction Updates
- Project Manager: Ruth Bennett
- Construction Manager: Procon
- Construction Start: June 2019
- Construction Completion: Fall, 2021
- Building Occupancy: Spring 2022
Thanks to a generous gift from the Cummings Foundation, Tufts is excited to announce the development of a new academic building to be located on College Avenue next to the future MBTA station creating a new gateway to the campus. Critical to our growing academic programs, the new Cummings Center will also offer the opportunity to create event spaces on a scale that is competitive with peer universities.
Project Update as of 4/15/21
- Construction of the exterior building is complete and all interior walls, floors, elevators and staircases are installed.
- Three of the four elevations are completed and the fourth elevation (north side) will be complete in spring 2021.
- The Cummings building and the Athletic District are connected to the Central Energy Plant (CEP) and electricity for these buildings will come from the CEP.
- The interior framing is installed, and painting will begin in spring 2021. Interior plumbing, mechanical and electrical infrastructure is being installed and will be complete in early spring 2021.
- The plaza will be constructed in spring and summer 2021.
The pedestrian pathway along Halligan Drive will close on June 21st, 2021 and reopen when the Joyce Cummings Center project is complete.