Keys & Lockouts
If you are locked out of your room, please follow the instructions for your campus.
- During the week (Monday through Friday) between the hours of 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., contact Residential Life staff assigned to manage lockouts by phone (857-523-2958). Outside of these hours, students should contact their RA on Duty to assist or TUPD. Contact information for staff is located throughout the residence halls in hallways, entryways, etc.
- Tufts University Police (617-627-3030).
- Call Tufts University Police in Boston (617-627-3030).
- Call Tufts University Police in Grafton (508-887-4900).
The Facilities Department implements all key and lock change requests.
Key Access Requests
- Authorized requester for a department must submit a Facilities Service Request.
- Choose “Submit a request for Key, lock or Card Access”
- Choose the campus and building.
- Choose the access request type from the dropdown menu.
- When requesting for multiple recipients, please fill out the ‘Key Code or Access Level’ ‘Location (building, room)’ ‘Responsible User’s Name’ and ‘UTLN’ boxes for each person access or a key is being requested for.
- Click the circle to the right of the ‘UTLN’ box to create an new row of boxes for each subsequent person keys or card access is being requested for.
- When picking up keys, bring your Tufts ID. The ID card is scanned as proof of pickup.
Card / Key Access
The Facilities Department is responsible for all non-residential lock and key requests.
Access Systems services available include:
- Request new keys
- Request a lock change and key re-issuance
- Manage card access privileges
- Fingerprint scan access
All of these services may be requested by department managers and authorized personnel using the Online Access Request Portal. This is the same portal used to make requests with facilities, so please read the instructions carefully.
Key requests will be filled by the locksmith or key contractor and the intended recipient will be notified to come to the University Police station to pickup their key’s. Bring your Tufts ID when picking up your keys
See our representative list of baseline maintenance and discretionary services that can be performed on a fee-for-service basis.