Lyft Transportation Program Options
Lyft is the official preferred rideshare for Tufts University.
This partnership enables schools and departments to work with Lyft to set up transportation programs that support the needs of your department or school.
Examples of how departments can utilize Lyft for official business:
- Commute solutions
- Business travel direct billing and Auto-Payment expensing
- Campus visitor transportation
- Patient or healthcare transportation to support research
- Student campus and off-campus mobility enhancement programs
- Event transportation
For additional information or to enroll your department in a Lyft Program, please submit a program inquiry or contact Charlie Grab, Tufts Transportation and Fleet Associate Director, at email@example.com.
- Recurring Lyft Pass: An automated solution for rides that recur regularly.
- Allows you to assign a monthly dollar amount to program participants that they can use towards Lyft rides each month.
- Customizable: you can restrict the rides by date, time, and location and customize the value
- Departments provide a list of eligible riders who will receive Lyft Pass
- Eligibility verified by @tufts.edu email address
- One-Time Lyft Pass: For one-off events or non-recurring rides.
- Departments can purchase codes for one-off events and rides for non-recurring programs.
- Can be restricted by date, time, location, max redemptions, and value
- To set up your own event code, you can also go to the Lyft Events Portal
- Lyft Auto Pay: Allows faculty and staff to directly bill rides to a corporate account.
- Hassle-free expensing (integrates with Concur, Expensify)
- A simple way for faculty and staff to separate business related rides from personal rides
- Lyft Concierge: Web-based portal for booking trips on a rider’s behalf.
- Enables you to request rides for people who don’t have the Lyft app
- The Concierge platform offers a user-friendly booking interface that is compatible with any internet-enabled device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Rides are billed by Lyft via monthly invoice, payment by corporate P-card is not an option.
No, you will not receive free rides or discounted rates when you create a Lyft program.
Lyft’s Health Safety Program
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched a Health Safety Program, which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
You can read more about the program on the Lyft website.
Tips For Riding Smart with Lyft
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up.
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
For additional information or to enroll your department in a Lyft Program, please submit a program inquiry. The Tufts-Lyft Program team will reach out to discuss your transportation needs, provide training and program management resources, and guide you through the setup process.