A software package used to perform a range of specific technical computing tasks, including matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, and the creation of user interfaces.
- Consists of a base module and a wide array of toolboxes and add-on modules that include Simulink, Statistics, Signal Processing, Symbolic Math, and more. The list of toolboxes can be found on the MathWorks website. Note that our license does not include some products that are specific to commercial customers (i.e. DO Qualification Kit, IEC Certification Kit).
- Algorithms can be integrated with external applications and languages like C, Java, .NET, and Microsoft Excel.
- Provides functions for algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, numerical integration, and solving ordinary differential equations.
Follow the self-service installation instructions below or submit a request to Tufts Technology Services (617-627-3376).
- Go to the Tufts MathWorks Login Page
- Log in with Tufts Username and Tufts Password
- You will be redirected to either create a MathWorks Account or to log in to your MathWorks account
- Create A MathWorks Account
- Complete the requested fields in the Account Creation page (User ID is optional). Do not use your Tufts Password when creating a MathWorks account
- Click Create
- You will be redirected to the software download page
- Or log in to Your MathWorks Account. You will then be redirected to the software download page
For detailed instructions, see the MathWorks/MATLAB Quick Start Guide.
If your MATLAB license has expired, you will need to update your license file.
- Open MATLAB (If the license has already expired the activation client will launch and you can skip the next step)
- Navigate to Help Menu > Licensing > Activate Software
- Choose to Activate using Internet
- During activation, you will be asked to log in with your MathWorks account credentials
- Next, you will see the TAH license. After selecting the TAH license, a message will be presented with a Click here link that will redirect you to log in with your Tufts credentials
- After providing your Tufts credentials, continue the activation process
- Once reactivated, you will need to restart MATLAB for it to update.
You can request a cluster account by going to research.uit.tufts.edu and submitting the application form.
Before accessing MATLAB on the cluster, please contact Tufts Technology Services at 617-627-3376 or email@example.com for an assessment of whether or not your computer’s display meets MATLAB X-Windows support requirements. On occasion, the TTS Service Desk may need to make configuration changes for compatibility.