A software package used to perform a range of specific technical computing tasks, including matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, and the creation of user interfaces. Tufts University offers a campus-wide license to MATLAB, Simulink, and a full suite of companion products. All faculty, researchers, and students are eligible to download and install these products on their university computers as well as their personally-owned computers.
- Consists of a base module and a wide array of toolboxes and add-on modules that include Simulink, Statistics, Signal Processing, Symbolic Math, and more. The list of toolboxes can be found on the MathWorks website. Note that our license does not include some products that are specific to commercial customers (i.e. DO Qualification Kit, IEC Certification Kit).
- Algorithms can be integrated with external applications and languages like C, Java, .NET, and Microsoft Excel.
- Provides functions for algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, filtering, optimization, numerical integration, and solving ordinary differential equations.
Follow the self-service installation instructions below or submit a request to Tufts Technology Services (617-627-3376).
- Students, faculty, and staff can use MatLab in most Tufts computer labs.
- Students, faculty, and staff can use MatLab on their personal computer via TTS Remote Labs. Please contact DataLabfirstname.lastname@example.org to request access to MatLab remotely.
- Go to the Tufts MathWorks Login Page
- Log in with Tufts Username and Tufts Password
- You will be redirected to either create a MathWorks Account or to log in to your MathWorks account
- Create A MathWorks Account
- Complete the requested fields in the Account Creation page (User ID is optional). Do not use your Tufts Password when creating a MathWorks account
- Click Create
- You will be redirected to the software download page
- Or log in to Your MathWorks Account. You will then be redirected to the software download page
Need help getting started? Check out MATLAB Onramp to learn MATLAB in just 2 hours.
If your MATLAB license has expired, you will need to update your license file.
- Open MATLAB (If the license has already expired the activation client will launch and you can skip the next step)
- Navigate to Help Menu > Licensing > Activate Software
- Choose to Activate using Internet
- During activation, you will be asked to log in with your MathWorks account credentials
- Next, you will see the TAH license. After selecting the TAH license, a message will be presented with a Click here link that will redirect you to log in with your Tufts credentials
- After providing your Tufts credentials, continue the activation process
- Once reactivated, you will need to restart MATLAB for it to update.
You can request a cluster account by going to research.uit.tufts.edu and submitting the application form.
Before accessing MATLAB on the cluster, please contact Tufts Technology Services at 617-627-3376 or email@example.com for an assessment of whether or not your computer’s display meets MATLAB X-Windows support requirements. On occasion, the TTS Service Desk may need to make configuration changes for compatibility.
Access to self-paced, online MATLAB training at no cost through our Campus-Wide License.
Register for Free: Tufts University MATLAB Portal
Self-paced, interactive courses - developed by MATLAB experts - will improve your MATLAB skills. Courses are broken up into short modules allowing you to easily jump to the most relevant topics. You can access course content anytime, anywhere, and as often as you’d like. Get started with a MATLAB course today and learn to:
- Import data from various sources
- Create publication quality visualizations
- Write fast and robust code that you can share easily