MBTA Passes for Health Science Students
Full-time Boston-based Health Science School students (Medical, Dental, Nutrition Schools and Public Health Professional Degree programs) are eligible to purchase an MBTA pass at a 35% discount over regular “T” prices (up to $50/mo. on monthly passes). Grafton-based Veterinary School students are eligible to purchase an MBTA Semester Pass at an 11% discount. Each student is entitled to one pass.
For more information regarding pass types, schedules, routes etc, visit mbta.com.
Obtaining an MBTA Pass
Tufts University, in partnership with Edenred Commuter Benefit Solutions, has implemented an online storefront for the purchase of MBTA Passes. All discounted MBTA passes must be purchased through your SIS Portal. Along with hosting the site, Edenred will be offering customer service for all technical questions that may arise. Edenred will also send a reminder email before each purchase deadline.
- All passes must be ordered by the 8th day of prior purchasing month.
- All Fall semester passes (September-December) will need to be purchased by August 8th.
- All Spring semester passes (January-May) will need to be purchased by December 8th.
- Before all purchases are made you will have the ability to update your delivery address for the pass. Your new pass will be mailed directly to the address that the user has inputted.
- To access the MBTA Storefront:
- Log into SIS
- Navigate to your “Bills & Balances” Tab
- Click the link to “Purchase MBTA Pass”
**IMPORTANT – LINK, BUS, INNER EXPRESS BUS AND OUTER EXPRESS BUS PASSES WILL BE ON CHARLIE CARDS. All Zone Passes, including Zone 1A, will still be in ticket form**