MBTA Passes for Health Science Students
Full-time Boston-based Health Science School students (Medical, Dental, Nutrition Schools and Public Health Professional Degree, and certain GSBS* degree programs) are eligible to purchase an MBTA pass at a 40% discount over regular “T” prices (up to $55/mo. on monthly passes). Grafton-based Veterinary School students are eligible to purchase an MBTA Semester Pass at an 11% discount. Each student is entitled to one pass.
For more information regarding pass types, schedules, routes etc, visit mbta.com.
*GSBS students that qualify include: CTS (MS, PHD & Cert); PDD-MS; visiting non-degree students. Funded GSBS students who receive a paycheck from the university are eligible for the same commuter benefit as Tufts University employees (learn more at AccessTufts).
Obtaining an MBTA Pass
Tufts University, in partnership with Edenred Commuter Benefit Solutions, has implemented an online storefront for the purchase of MBTA Passes. All discounted MBTA passes must be purchased through your SIS Portal. Along with hosting the site, Edenred will be offering customer service for all technical questions that may arise. Edenred will also send a reminder email before each purchase deadline.
- All passes must be ordered by the 8th day of the prior purchasing month.
- All Fall semester passes (September-December) must be purchased by August 8th.
- Spring semester passes are available in two options:
- January-May passes must be purchased by December 8th.
- February-May passes must be purchased by January 8th.
- Before all purchases are made you will have the ability to update your delivery address for the pass. Your new pass will be mailed directly to the address inputted.
- To access the MBTA Storefront:
- Log into SIS
- Navigate to your “Bills & Balances” Tab
- Click the link to “Purchase MBTA Pass”
**IMPORTANT – LINK, BUS, INNER EXPRESS BUS AND OUTER EXPRESS BUS PASSES WILL BE ON CHARLIE CARDS. All Zone Passes, including Zone 1A, will still be in ticket form**