My Spouse or Partner's Employment Has Changed

Normally you have to wait until Open Enrollment in the fall to change your benefits but some life events provide an exception. If your spouse or qualified domestic partner has accepted a new job, has been notified their employment is ending, or is going on leave, you can change your health coverage and other benefits within 31 days.

Changing Your Spouse or Partner's Benefits

Visit Changing Your Spouse or Partner's Benefits for an explanation of how to add your spouse or qualified domestic partner to your health, dental, and vision plans. You'll also find information on how to change your life insurance or flexible spending account.

Additional Support

If you or someone in your family is having trouble coping with a change in employment or has legal questions, the Employee Assistance Program provides a wide range of support services, including confidential counseling and financial advice.