NEW Zoom Ambassador Program: Enroll TODAY!
Come on learn Zoom, Zoom, Zoom, a Zoom!
Over the past year and a half Zoom has taken on a prominent role in enabling teaching, learning, and working remotely at Tufts. Many in the community have become proficient in the tools while others look for ways to become more comfortable using it.
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is excited to launch a NEW Zoom Ambassador Program geared toward training staff in administrative roles as a way to increase comfort and proficiency with Zoom essentials. The program was piloted with some staff from our Zoom Super Users Forum and well received.
What is the Zoom Ambassador Program?
Being mindful that everyone's time is precious these days, the program has been crafted to allow flexibility in scheduling. The program consists of some required "essential" courses and a virtual checkin upon completion plus some optional courses and an optional "in-room" review with an A/V tech.
Required | 3 Courses | 1 Review/Check-in
- Zoom: Getting Started with Virtual Meetings (2 hours)
- Zoom: Securing Your Virtual Meetings (1 hour)
- Zoom: Meeting Management Tips (1 hour)
- Virtual review/Check-in at completion
Optional | 2 Courses | 1 "In-room" Check-in w/AV
- Zoom: Strategies for Interactive Meetings (1 hour)
- Zoom: Sharing like a Superstar (1 hour)
- "In-room" Check-in with Audio Visual (Every room is different even if most of the controls are the same. This is an opportunity to pick a room you use frequently and schedule a session with a TTS Audio Visual technician to run through and ask questions about how to access and use Zoom in that room.)
NOTE: The check-in sessions are not a test, they are an opportunity to test out what you learned with an in-house expert.
Who should attend?
The program is targeted for staff in administrative roles, however it is open to any Tufts staff or faculty member who with access to the Tufts Learning Center.
How can I enroll in the program?
Enrolling is easy!
- Login to the Tufts Learning Center (using SSO with your Tufts credentials)
- Search for Zoom Ambassador Program
- Click enroll to select sessions that work best for you and your schedule
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I've already taken some of the courses? Can I get credit?
- Yes. You will get retroactive credit for any courses you have already taken and don't have to take them again.
- As a Zoom Ambassador, will I be expected to be available to help others with Zoom?
- No. You will not be expected to do anything additional. However, we do hope that based on your knowledge, you will be able to assist in meetings that you participate in. And of course, if you are willing and can be available to assist others in your school/department or area, I'm sure that would be appreciated.
- Why should I take the Zoom Ambassador Program? What's in it for me?
- The program is encouraged, not required.
- You don't get a certificate or badge but do get bragging rights and can always share as a program completed on your performance appraisal and/or LinkedIn profile.
- You get the opportunity for both the required check-in and the optional "in-room" AV checkin when taking the program vs. individual courses.
- You get peace of mind and confidence to run your next and future zoom sessions without needing onsite support from A/V!
Whether you take the program for yourself or as a way to assist your school/department or others, you will be helping to build a stronger, efficient community of Zoom users at Tufts! You got this! Go to the Tufts Learning Center and enroll today!