Open Enrollment is the period each year when you can make changes to the core benefits that you are eligible for through Tufts University. If you have questions, view our Open Enrollment FAQs or contact TSS at email@example.com or call 617-627-7000.
During this time we recommend benefits-eligible employees take the following steps:
1) Review Your Benefit Options
Continue your search here on AccessTufts or consider one of the following steps:
- See what you are eligible for based on your role: Faculty and Staff; Postdoctoral Scholars; International Employees; ACA-eligible Employees
- See the current benefits you are enrolled in by visiting eServe.
2) Enroll in Benefits
When you are ready to enroll in benefits log in to eServe and make your selections. Remember:
- Review and Save your confirmation statement after enrolling in eServe.
- Review your first paycheck after January 1st and confirm that it matches your confirmation statement.
What Happens If I Don’t Enroll?
Your benefits remain the same if you do not make changes, except for flexible spending accounts.
You MUST re-enroll in the Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) each year. If you do not enroll during Open Enrollment, you will not be able to participate for 2021.
2021 Pre-Tax IRS Limits
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): $2,750 per calendar year
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account FSA): $5000 per calendar year
- Commuter Benefits: $270 per month for Parking and $270 per month for Transit/Vanpool
- 403(b) Self-Funded Retirement Plan: $19,500 per year ($26,000 for if over age 50 by 12/31/21)
- Social Security Wage Base: $142,800