Photography and Videography Requests
About UCM Photography
University Communications and Marketing (UCM) has the following strategic objectives on behalf of the university:
- Raise the profile of Tufts and its schools
- Increase the impact of Tufts
- Increase alumni loyalty and engagement
- Increase the number of prospects and donors
- Increase the number and quality of applicants.
Recognizing that resources are finite, UCM’s photographers prioritize photography that supports one or more of these objectives.
Additional criteria for considering requests include:
- The school publications or communications channels that will publish these images
- The audience(s) for this photography (e.g., internal or external)
- The support of revenue generation, recruitment, and/or measurable reputation management
- Use this Photography Research form for image searches and sharing galleries. Please allow at least 3 business days for research time.
- Student and staff headshots are beyond the scope of the resources available from UCM photographers.
- Event photography is also typically beyond the scope of the team. If you have reason to believe that your event may rise to the occasion of meeting one or more of the objectives listed above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos for Events, Ceremonies, Conferences, Workshops--and Staff/Student Headshots
- Select a freelancer from this list of trusted professionals with whom University Communications and Marketing has negotiated discounted rates
- Be sure to mention that you are affiliated with Tufts so you can secure the discounted rate
- Please request at least 7 business days in advance of your event
Faculty Member Headshots
- Faculty headshots are managed through a series of scheduled shoots that rotate among the campuses; contact email@example.com for the schedule and locations.
Photos for News Stories, Media Requests, or Specific Marketing Deliverables
- Use the photo request form
- Please submit a form at least 7 business days in advance of your request.