Postdoctoral & PREP Scholar Benefits
Tufts University offers a variety of benefits to eligible Postdoctoral and PREP Scholars.
The following benefits are available to eligible Postdoctoral and PREP Scholars who work half-time (regularly scheduled at 17.5 hours per week) or greater. Additional eligibility requirements apply to some of these benefits as noted below.
Summary Guides and Rates
- Postdoctoral Scholars Benefits Guide
- Postdoctoral Scholars Benefits Rates
- Postdoctoral Scholars Domestic Partner/Ex-Spouse Taxation & Benefit Rates
You can only enroll in these benefits within 30 days of your new hire (or newly benefits eligible) date, within 31 days of a Qualified Life Event, or during annual Open Enrollment. Your selections can be viewed and managed in eServe.
Enroll or Change Anytime Benefits
You can enroll or change these benefits at any time.
- Care.com Child and Elder Care
- Commuter Benefits requires Social Security Number (SSN) to enroll
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Home and Auto Insurance requires SSN to enroll
- Occupational Health Services
- Pet Insurance
- Real Estate Advantage Program
- Self-funded Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) requires SSN OR individual taxpayer identification (ITIN) and payment of FICA taxes to enroll
Health Plans for Postdoctoral & PREP Scholars
When selecting a health plan, you can choose the following coverage levels:
- Individual & Spouse or Domestic Partner (DP) (DP Affidavit required)
- Individual & Child(ren) (Up to Age 26)
- Family (Individual, Spouse or Domestic Partner, & Children)
Depending on where your live, there are different Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) health plan options:
- For Post Docs who live inside the BCBS primary New England service area (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT), there are two options:
- HMO Base Plan - HMO Blue NE Deductible
- HMO Plan - Access Blue NE Enhanced Value
- For Post Docs who live outside of the BCBS primary New England service area (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT), there is one option:
- PPO Plan - Blue Care Elect Preferred
All plans offer the following features:
- Comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage
- Fitness & Weight Loss Reimbursements
Dental Plan for Postdoctoral & PREP Scholars
You may enroll in the Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Voluntary Plan dental plan.
You can choose the following coverage levels:
- Family (Individual, Spouse or Domestic Partner (DP Affidavit required), & Children)
- See the Summary Rates and Guides for payroll contribution based on your coverage level.
The Delta Dental PPO Plus Premier Voluntary Plan is an employee-paid dental plan which offers quality, affordable dental care with participating dentists nationwide. The plan includes in and out-of-network coverage for preventive care and other basic and major restorative services.
Provided by Human Resources