Server & Storage Consultations
Consultations are available to instruct and advise on Tufts standards, server hosting options, and to help define service management plans.
Server Management at Tufts has several key benefits and features that may apply to your specific needs and applications:
- Consultations/Support include Server Hardware, Monitoring, Back-ups, Operating System Management and off-hour escalation, Access to Tier IV (Carrier Class) and Tier I datacenters
- Servers are backed up, monitored, and secured at an enterprise level
- Tufts IT Professional teams are familiar with the underlying technology and can guide decisions based on Tufts expectations and best practices
- Tufts IT Professional teams can help brainstorm for solutions to technical problems and provide guidance as the service grows
- Services can be hosted on Unix/Linux, Windows, and Mac operating systems and support a variety of database and application standards
There is no cost associated with IT Professional expertise and support; some costs may be associated with storage, back-up, and virtual/physical server hosting options.
Services managed by Tufts on behalf of faculty and staff may be subject to Service Level Agreements (SLA's).
To submit a request for server hosting or for more information, please visit Server Hosting and Management on the ITKB wiki.