Solutions to Your New Year’s Resolutions
The start of the new year brings with it the excitement of new beginnings and a renewed commitment to engaging in a healthier lifestyle. Most of our new year’s resolutions focus on the areas of physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Tufts University offers many wellness programs and services to address these areas of well-being and support the needs of our employees and their families. Below is a list of upcoming programs and ongoing services that address these key areas.
Enhance your physical health
- Move More – A 4-week physical activity challenge offered by the Tufts University Wellness Center begins January 14. Meet the goal and earn a chance to win a Fitbit Alta or FitKit.
- Fitness mini-courses offered by Tufts University Athletics (Medford/Somerville Campus) begin the week of January 28. Choose from a wide variety of classes at a lower cost plus a fitness reimbursement option for Tufts Health Plan members.
- Comprehensive Health Review (CHR) offered at no cost to you by the Tufts University Wellness Center. The CHR provides time with a clinician to answer your questions and identify ways to improve your health.
- Sleep from A to Zzzz seminars sponsored by Tufts Health Plan will be offered in Grafton, Boston Health Sciences and Medford Campuses.
Reduce stress and improve your emotional health
- New Perspectives on Stress seminars offered on all four campuses presented by KGA, our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider.
- Mindfulness 6-week series at the Boston Health Sciences Campus offered by the Tufts University Wellness Center beginning January 17.
- Ease Your Mind: Manage Anxiety webinar sponsored by Tufts Health Plan on January 31.
- Weekly drop-in meditation classes offered on Boston Health Sciences and Grafton Campuses. Call the Tufts University Wellness Center at 617-627-0467 for details.
- Mindfulness Meditation program on the Medford/Somerville Campus led by Priya Sraman, Tufts University’s Buddhist Chaplain and sponsored by Tufts University Chaplaincy. Contact Priya Sraman for details.
Planning for retirement can contribute to your financial well-being. Throughout the year, Tufts University offers you free consultations with Fidelity and TIAA representatives. These consultations allow you the opportunity for one-on-one guidance to help answer your questions on contributions, investments, and resources to reach your retirement goals. Visit Fidelity’s website or TIAA’s website to schedule an appointment on your campus today!
- Building a Budget workshops presented by Metro Credit Union on Grafton, Boston Health Sciences and Medford Campuses.
There are many other wellness programs planned for 2019 to help you succeed in whichever area is important to you. If you are not sure where to begin, consider making an appointment with a Health Coach from the Tufts University Wellness Center who can assist you with addressing any health risks. KGA EAP is another great resource that has counselors available 24/7 to provide free and confidential consultations on many topics including legal and financial issues.