The start of the new year brings with it the excitement of new beginnings and a renewed commitment to engaging in a healthier lifestyle. Most of our new year’s resolutions focus on the areas of physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Tufts University offers many wellness programs and services to address these areas of well-being and support the needs of our employees and their families. Below is a list of upcoming programs and ongoing services that address these key areas.
Enhance your physical health
- Move More – A 4-week physical activity challenge offered by the Tufts University Wellness Center begins January 22. Meet the goal and earn a chance to win a Fitbit Alta.
- Fitness mini-courses offered by Tufts University Athletics (Medford/Somerville Campus) begin the week of February 5. Choose from a wide variety of classes at a lower cost plus a fitness reimbursement option for Tufts Health Plan members.
- Comprehensive Health Review (CHR) offered at no cost to you by the Tufts University Wellness Center. The CHR provides time with a clinician to answer your questions and identify ways to improve your health.
Reduce stress and improve your emotional health
- Mindfulness 6-week series (Boston Health Sciences and Grafton Campuses) offered by the Tufts University Wellness Center beginning the week of January 8.
- Faculty/staff spirituality group meetings (Medford/Somerville Campus) sponsored by Tufts University Chaplaincy. Contact Reverend Daniel Bell for details.
- Embracing Stress: The new Science of Stress workshops offered on all four campuses presented by AllOne Health EAP.
Planning for retirement can contribute to your financial well-being. Throughout the year, Tufts University offers you free consultations with Fidelity and TIAA representatives. These consultations allow you the opportunity for one-on-one guidance to help answer your questions on contributions, investments, and resources to reach your retirement goals. Visit Fidelity’s website or TIAA’s website to schedule an appointment on your campus today!
There are many other wellness programs planned for 2018 to help you succeed in whichever area is important to you. If you are not sure where to begin, consider making an appointment with a Health Coach from the Tufts University Wellness Center who can assist you with addressing any health risks. AllOne Health EAP is another great resource that has counselors available 24/7 to provide free and confidential consultations on many topics including legal and financial issues.