Integrated statistical software package that provides facilities for data analysis, data management, and graphics.
- Summary Statistics
- Data cleaning/management
- Advanced techniques, such as survival models with frailty, dynamic panel data (DPD) regressions, generalized estimating equations (GEE), multilevel mixed models, models with sample selection, multiple imputations, ARCH, and estimation with complex survey samples
- New approaches, such as: machine learning models, Python integration, and Bayesian analysis.
- Publication-quality graphics, export reports to Microsoft Word/PPT.
Tufts provides an enterprise site license for Stata SE enabling students, faculty, and staff to install Stata SE on their Tufts-owned or personal computer for educational use.
Follow the self-service installation instructions below or submit a service request to Tufts Technology Services (617-627-3376).
You can install a new version or upgrade your existing version to Stata SE 16.1 on your computer by following the steps below:
- Go to the Tufts Stata Downloads folder on Box.
- Log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- Follow the steps corresponding to your operating system (Windows, MacOs, or Linux) below.
- Download Tufts_StataSE16_Windows.exe
- Run the downloaded installer.
- If a blue popup security window appears stating that “Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting…", click More Info and then Run Anyway.
- Click Yes when asked if you want to allow the program to make changes to your machine.
- Wait until you see a message confirming Stata 16 has installed successfully.
- You are now ready to start using Stata SE 16.
- Download Tufts_StataSE16_MacOS.pkg
- Run the downloaded installer.
- If one of the following security popup messages appears: “Tufts_StataSE16_MacOS.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software; “Tufts_StataSE16_MacOS.pkg” can’t be opened because it was not downloaded from the App store; or “Tufts_StataSE16_MacOS.pkg” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified, do the following:
- Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy
- Near the bottom of the General tab, you will see a message stating that “Tufts_StataSE16_MacOS.pkg was blocked because it is not from an identified developer”.
- Click Open Anyway
- Click Open again in the popup window to confirm.
- If the installer window does not appear after some time, you might need to click on it in the dock.
- Follow the prompts of the installer.
- Once the installer finishes, you are ready to start using Stata SE 16.
- Download Tufts_StataSE16_Linux64.tar.gz.
- Extract the contents of the downloaded archive to a desired temporary location.
- Run install and follow the prompts, refer to the README when needed.
Stata SE is available for remote use on the TTS Virtual Lab from any location. An Internet connection is required. When connecting, initial install and use of the VMware Horizon Client is highly recommended for increased performance.
Stata SE and MP are available on the research cluster. You can request a cluster account by going to research.uit.tufts.edu and submitting the application form.
Before accessing Stata on the cluster, please contact Tufts Technology Services at 617-627-3376 or email@example.com for an assessment of whether or not your computer’s display meets Stata X-Windows support requirements. On occasion, the TTS Service Desk may need to make configuration changes for compatibility.