A general-purpose statistical software package that provides facilities for data analysis, management, and visualization.
Tufts provides an enterprise license for Stata/SE (Standard Edition), which is suitable for the analysis of larger datasets. Stata/SE supports analyses with up to 10,998 independent variables and datasets with up to 32,767 variables and 2.14 billion observations. Stata has a user-friendly graphical interface that easily allows for the following functionality:
- Summary statistics
- Data cleaning and management
- Advanced techniques, such as survival models with frailty, dynamic panel data (DPD) regressions, generalized estimating equations (GEE), multilevel mixed models, models with sample selection, multiple imputations, ARCH, and estimation with complex survey samples
- New approaches, such as machine learning models, Python integration, and Bayesian analysis
- Publication-quality visualizations with easy export to various formats like PDF, EPS, and PNG
- Generate reports that incorporate results and graphs with formatted text and tables in Microsoft Word, Excel, PDF, and HTML formats
Students, faculty, and staff can use Stata in most Tufts computer labs.
Students, faculty, and staff can use Stata on their personal computer via TTS Virtual Lab.
Stata/MP is available on the research cluster and supports multicore processing, which allows for fast analysis of even the largest datasets. Stata/MP supports analyses with up to 65,532 independent variables and datasets with up to 120,000 variables and 20 billion observations. You can request a cluster account by going to research.uit.tufts.edu and submitting the application form.