Summer 2023 Steps Challenge: Celebrations Around the World Challenge
Tufts University invites all faculty and staff to join this summer’s 4-week step challenge, Celebrations Around the World, from Monday, August 14 through Sunday, September 10, 2023. In partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield and Virgin Pulse, our Tufts community will come together for a friendly wellness competition.
Participating is easy! Starting Monday, July 31, sign up, download the Virgin Pulse app and sync an activity tracker, such as your iPhone or Apple Watch. Team up with a group of up to 10 colleagues or opt to take part as an individual. For those who participated in the spring steps challenge, the format is exactly the same.
Individuals who achieve 196,000 steps (that’s an average of 7,000 steps per day!) by September 10 will be entered into a raffle for gift vouchers between $25-$100.
Key Step Challenge Dates:
- Registration Opens: Monday, July 31–Sunday, September 10
- Challenge Runs: Monday, August 14–Sunday, September 10
- Deadline to Upload/Enter Steps: Monday, September 11
Through the Celebrations Around the World Challenge, you’ll explore different holidays and festivals from various cultures across the globe.
Learn more about the challenge below. For more on wellness programs available to you at Tufts, visit access.tufts.edu/health-wellness.
How to Sign Up:
- Registration opens Monday, July 31 for all faculty and staff.
- Register and start participating anytime throughout the challenge.
- The earlier you sign up, the more potential to accumulate steps!
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to:
- Sign in or create an account at join.virginpulse.com/TUFTSUNIVERSITY.
- Join as a team (up to 10 participants) or as an individual. While not required, participating as a team will help you “visit” each country during the challenge.
How to Participate:
- Download the Virgin Pulse app and sync an activity tracker, such as your iPhone or Apple Watch.
- Set aside time to get your steps in each day and watch them add up!
- See the FAQs for additional details on syncing steps.
How to Earn Prizes:
- Individuals who complete the challenge of 196,000 steps between Monday, August 14 and Sunday, September 10 will be entered into a raffle of gift vouchers valued between $25-$100.
- Important Note: According to the rules of the Internal Revenue Service, gift cards and certificates are considered cash equivalents and therefore considered taxable income. Challenge participants who are awarded the gift certificates via electronic vouchers will have the value amount added to their taxable wages in a future payroll.