Travel Laptop Loaner Program
TTS offers loaner laptops for faculty & staff traveling for Tufts University programs or business. This program is meant to reduce travel challenges to the Tufts Community both in addressing the availability of having a laptop and in protecting data while traveling.
- 14” Dell Latitude 7440 or 13” MacBook Air laptop with optional carrying case and international power adapters
- Maximum loan period of 30 days
- Delivered to the requestor and picked up by TTS staff at the Boston, Grafton, or Medford campuses
- There is no fee for this service, but if a laptop is lost or stolen, its cost will be charged to the requestor's department cost center ID
- Preloaded with standard Tufts laptop configuration and applications
- Complete the request form or contact TTS at least 10 business days in advance of the travel date.
- Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. Every attempt will be made to stock sufficient laptops to meet demand.
- Be advised that international travel can pose additional challenges for using technology. Access to social media, email, and other websites may be blocked or limited, and some countries ban encrypted devices, although many recognize the Wassenaar Arrangement and grant exceptions for “personal use.”
To request a loaner laptop for travel:
- Complete the request form at least 10 business days in advance of the travel date.
- A request confirmation email will be sent.
- TTS staff will arrange a date and time to deliver the equipment to the requestor in person. At that time, they will review the equipment provided and schedule a pick-up appointment.
- TTS staff will meet the requestor at the scheduled pick-up appointment time to retrieve all equipment. If necessary, the pick-up appointment time can be changed by contacting TTS.
Provided by Tufts Technology Services