Travel and Procurement Cards
Audience: Current or Future Procurement or Travel Card Holders
Tufts University provides employees with two types of credit cards for purchasing business-related goods: The Procurement Card (PCard) and the Tufts Travel MasterCard.
The Procurement Card (PCard) is a credit card that should be used for purchases of non-restricted commodities (excluding travel expenses) up to $5,000 from any supplier that accepts MasterCard. Click below to apply for a card in your name. On the application, the applicant can request a proxy to reconcile their expenses in PeopleSoft. If the proxy does not already have access to PeopleSoft, they should complete this application. Please read the Purchasing Card Procedures and the Policy links to the right, under Related Links.
- P-Cardholders have a single transaction limit of $5,000 and a monthly limit of $25,000.
Tufts Travel Card
The Tufts Travel Card is a credit card that must be used for travel-related business expenses, such as hotel bookings, rental cars, and meals, as well as conference registrations. The travel card is issued by JP Morgan Chase and provided free of charge to university employees. It allows you to obtain up to $500 in cash advances from ATMs worldwide and includes a comprehensive travel insurance package. Card holders should read the Travel Card Policy, located in the Related Links section to your right.
- Infrequent Traveler Limits (less than 3 trips per year and no international travel): Single Limit $3,000 and Monthly Limit $6,500.
- Frequent Traveler Limits (more than 3 trips per year and possibly international travel): Single Limit $5,000 and Monthly Limit $20,500
What is a Frequent and Infrequent Traveler?
- As part of the Travel Card application on Access Tufts, the cardholder indicates if they travel more or less than 3 trips per year and if they will be traveling internationally.
- Based on their answers to those questions is how they are determined to be infrequent or frequent travelers.