Emergency alert system providing critical safety information to the Tufts community.
- Receive timely text, voice, and email alerts with information that may be critical to your safety. For alerts to be effective, you should always keep your contact information up-to-date in TuftsAlert.
- Get immediate emergency notifications on your computer’s desktop by installing Alertus Desktop alert software.
- Sign up for opt-in alerts for Tufts campuses other than your primary campus, and to get a text notification in the event of a weather-related closing. Visit emergency.tufts.edu/alerts/opt-in for more information and to sign up.
In the event of an emergency, it is vital that your contact information is accurate. Visit emergency.tufts.edu/alertupdate to confirm or update your contact information. The most important point of contact you can provide is a text-enabled mobile number. Alerts will be sent to your Tufts email address by default.
On a Tufts-owned computer
Use the Ivanti Software Portal on your Tufts computer, or submit a request to Tufts Technology Services (617-627-3376) for assistance with installation of the Alertus Desktop alert software. Alertus is available on all classroom and lab computers.
On a personal computer
Download Alertus Desktop alert software for Windows or Mac from the Tufts Office of Emergency Management.
- Learn more about TuftsAlert
- Learn more about desktop alerts
- For specific questions about TuftsAlert and desktop alerts, contact the Office of Emergency Management