Tufts University offers a vision plan through EyeMed.
- Eligible Faculty: Half-time or more with an appointment of at least two semesters (as determined by the academic department)
- Eligible Staff: Regularly scheduled to work at least 17.5 hours a week for a minimum 90-day period
- Eligible International Employees
EyeMed Vision Plan
You can choose the following coverage levels:
- Two-Person (Employee & one Child, Spouse, or Domestic Partner (DP) (DP Affidavit required)
- Family (Individual, Spouse or Domestic Partner, & Children)
See the Summary Rates and Guides for payroll contribution based on your coverage level.
The EyeMed Vision Care covers one annual eye exam and provides significant discounts on frames, lenses, contact lenses, LASIK and PRK vision correction procedures, and lens accessories. EyeMed's network allows you to choose from a national network of optometrists, ophthalmologists, and opticians, including leading retailers such as LensCrafters, Target Optical, and most Pearle Vision locations.
Members discounts on contact lenses and frames:
- EyeMed International Travel Solutions includes temporary emergency glasses and an online directory of trusted providers in 20 countries while traveling abroad.
- Amplifon Hearing Health Discounts provides discounts on hearing exams at locations nationwide, plus savings on hearing aids, service, and warranty.
Summary Guides and Rates
- Faculty/Staff Benefits Guide (PDF)
- Faculty/Staff Benefits Rates (PDF)
- Faculty/Staff Domestic Partner/Ex-Spouse Benefits Rates (PDF)
- Faculty/Staff EyeMed Benefit Summary (PDF)